Klopp: Liverpool will win a title in four years - or I'm going to Switzerland!

The former Borussia Dortmund boss believes he can lead the Reds to silverware in his time at Anfield, but is aware he may not get a better job again if he failsNew Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has vowed to bring a title to Anfield within four years and suggested that if he fails at the club he may have to take a job in Switzerland! Speaking to reporters at Anfield as part of his formal unveiling as the new Liverpool manager on Friday, Klopp asked for patience and time in his efforts to mould the Reds into title challengers, indicating his belief that the club will manage to win at least one title in his time on Merseyside. "Last night we signed the contract and this morning I wake and I'm manager of Liverpool FC," he told reporters. "Please give us time to do the work but when I sit here in four years I think we may have one title. If not maybe [I'll win] the next one in Switzerland." But the 48-year-old refused to be drawn on the specifics. "All the great managers in the past - not one of them sat there on the first day and said I am going to win this title or that title," he said. The former Borussia Dortmund boss pointed to the legacy he left in Germany, suggesting that the true test of a manager is not first impressions, but the state of the club when a coach leaves. "I said when I left Dortmund it's not important what you think when someone comes in. It's important what you think when people leave. That when you leave it's a special day," the Swabian added. Klopp, renowned as a coach that ofen provides colourful soundbites, admitted that he does not care for the media coverage of the game, instead aiming to focus on working on players. "I don't care about all this press - I want to work with the players. I am a football manager," he continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Last Toyin Aimakhu’s Alleged Lover Speaks

SCANDAL!!!: Amber Rose and Other Models in Internet Prostitution Scam--Get the Details