Herrera: I am good enough to play for Spain

The Manchester United midfielder has made seven appearances in all competitions thus far this season and is sure he has the required quality to play for his countryManchester United midfielder Ander Herrera insists that he has the ability to play for Spain , and is determined to make the squad for Euro 2016. The 26-year-old has represented his country at under-21 level, but is yet to win his first senior cap. Herrera admits he faces tough competition for a place in midfield - with the likes of Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas and David Silva also jostling for position - but he is confident that he can break into Vicente del Bosque's squad. "Of course, I wish to make it into the national team," Herrera told MUTV . "It's the next step for me. When you arrive at Manchester United, you are in the biggest club with the best supporters and maybe the most followed club in the world. "Last season, I think I had a good season. The fans were happy with me and the manager as well. Of course, I can play well or I can play badly, but I always give my best and I think I am doing well enough to get into the national squad. It's my next step. "I know we have, in Spain, maybe the best midfielders in the world right now but I think I have the quality to be in the national team. I will fight for it. I fought last season for that and I am trying to do it again. I think I have the quality to be in it and I am showing that. "I think I am ready to help the team [at United], help my team-mates, and I am going to play wherever the manager wants me to play,. So I am doing the right things to get into the national team but, of course, the [international] coach will decide. "Of course, it's the next dream, the next step for me. I know it's difficult but I will try to do my best to be involved in the European Championship."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Last Toyin Aimakhu’s Alleged Lover Speaks

SCANDAL!!!: Amber Rose and Other Models in Internet Prostitution Scam--Get the Details