Paris Saint-Germain's Marco Verratti denies any rift with coach Unai Emery

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verrattihas told Goal he is "frustrated" by recent comments in the French media after his slow start to the season.

Verratti denied any rift with coach Unai Emery, with whom he said he has a "good" relationship.

The Italy international reacted badly to being substituted after an hour against Marseille last weekend, sparking reports claiming there had been a falling out between the pair.

But Verratti told Goal France: "This is not true. I was frustrated with myself because I wanted to help the team out.
"It was said I was angry with the coach because I did not want to leave the pitch. To go off because of a physical problem was unthinkable for me. I am angry because every time I take a kick I have to go off and it is hard to accept.

"With the coach, we saw each other the next day and we could not understand what was happening."

Verratti was also alleged to want to leave PSG, and accused French journalists of "creating controversy where there is none."

Marco Verratti has denied problems in his relationship with coach Unai Emery.

The 23-year-old added: "I respect the opinion of journalists and I often agree with them when they criticise my performances.

"However, I do not accept it when they report I have said something I have not."

He said the French media was "finding problems in the team" and insisted "everybody respects the coach" but conceded that the players must take responsibility for the champions' sluggish start.

"Emery works hard and it is not his fault we have had a mixed start to the season," Verratti added.

"It is us, the players, who are on the field. We must take responsibility.

"There are games we have not won because we were not focused 100 percent. And to win you have to be 110 percent."

He said his agent, Donato Di Campli, "exaggerated a bit to say I could leave the club" and added: "Again, nothing has happened. Stop talking about it and concentrate on what we do on the field."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Last Toyin Aimakhu’s Alleged Lover Speaks

SCANDAL!!!: Amber Rose and Other Models in Internet Prostitution Scam--Get the Details